Thursday, January 4, 2007

New Outlook on Pregnancy

When we were in Buffalo a few weeks ago, Dave and I went to see The Nativity. It was a great movie and definitely gave me a new perspective on being pregnant.

Today we complain about being tired and uncomforable but...could you imagine being Mary?? She was 9 months pregnant and riding on a donkey for at least 10 days. She endured cold and heat and hardly had any food. She delivered a baby outside with no doctor or way to clean the baby. Then, she has to leave almost right away and travel 2 weeks or more to reach Egypt. Again on a donkey and carrying a newborn. I could not imagine what pain she was in or how she was able to do this, but it makes me think of how good we have it and to enjoy every moment of being pregnant.

Many of my friends and family are expecting this year: Judy~Feb. 5th, Tracy~March 12th, Jen~July 8th, Jill~July 10th and Carrie~July 2nd. Please keep all of these women in your thoughts and prayers. Thanks!

Many of you asked how to comment on this site. Here's how: You click on the comment link after each entry and write your comment. Then you chose other and type your name. Then click publish. You do not have to sign up for anything. Hope this helps.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm starting to like your blog more. At first I did not think I would, but it really is neat. I'm still waiting to see pictures of my little chunky monkey!!!! Miss you guys.

Anonymous said...

It's amazing how perspective influences how we see something. How nice that you have friends and family that will have children close in age with yours. That is a lifelong blessing. I am really enjoying your blogging.