Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Getting Used to 2 Kids

I don't know if many of you know that my mom went home on Sunday. We are now starting to realize what two kids are like. We definitely miss her a lot! And were so grateful for her to stay as long as she did.

I haven't had a complete full day by myself.....on Monday I was alone from 11-3 and Tuesday I was home from 9:30-3. The days went pretty well. However, I always rocked Isaiah to sleep for nap time. Yesterday was the first day that I tried to lay him in the crib. He was OK at first but....I forgot to hit repeat on his CD player....so when the CD finished he lost it. I had to leave him for a little while since I was feeding Hope downstairs....Let's just say it was a long day without a nap. We meant to try it while my mom was here but something always came up. At least he is finally sleeping through the night.

The days are definitely a challenge sometimes. When Hope is sleeping Isaiah would rather play by himself. And when she is awake....he wants me to play. Hopefully he will understand to play when she is sleeping soon. But he is learning to be more patient and wait. Although sometimes during the day are hard....there are some great moments....like when I put Hope down on her mat and Isaiah laid next to her and put his arm around her. (I will try and post the picture later.) Right now I have to go since I have two crying babies!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are doing a great job...i hope you are fine wtih me leaving for a week:)

love

Carrie said...

These days will be a blur..just keep trying to see those beautiful moments and you will be just fine!