Monday, August 6, 2007

Sorry If I Have Been Quiet....

...but we have been busy!

Boris and Teresa and their 3 kids are visiting from Antigua. They came in Friday night and will be here until this Friday. We took them to Santa Monica yesterday for church and then out to lunch. Then we had to leave otherwise we would have had some meltdowns...but they stayed and went shopping and sightseeing.

What else have we been up to...
My sister-in-law, Dani, gave me a book about sleeping...for the kids not me. Ha ha! I read it and now I am implementing it with both kids (well mostly with Hope...we are just retraining Isaiah). I have to say...the Sleep Lady knows what she is talking about! We are getting Hope to fall asleep all by herself (well she is using a paci)...and she is sleeping longer at night and only down to one nighttime feeding! Wow...all of this in two nights! Hope slept until 6:30 and Isaiah until 7:30! Can you believe it??

I also started naps today...and she is doing pretty well. She fell asleep both times by herself within a few minutes of laying her down...and she doesn't really cry about it. The only problem we have is if she wakes up she needs me to put her paci back in so....I am debating about taking it away. It is a little hard with Isaiah...I left him downstairs for a minute...but she wouldn't fall asleep so I finally had to bring him up and let him play while she fell asleep. I am sure it will get easier as we go along.

Hope liked to be laid down and fall asleep by herself when she was a newborn but...when her reflux was really bad and we were trying her medicine...she just had to be held and then finally I would lay her down when she fell asleep. Then she started getting hard to put down for naps....she probably just wanted to be laid down and left alone!

So...for all of you out there with newborns...and there are a lot of you....I would totally recommend this book! It is so great! Thanks Dani! What do we owe you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol! I am SO HAPPY for you guys! There is nothing worse than losing sleep! I swear by that book! It is my #2 book ever! (bible #1 of course)...now you know why... :)

Anonymous said...

Say "hi" to Boris and Teresa and the kids from us. The girls still talk about Antigua. I am so happy about the Sleep Lady book. I looked at the website. I will keep it in mind for any future moms we know...and hopefully eventually our own children as they become parents! Enjoy the rest of your visit with your company.