Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Big Boy

Isaiah is becoming such a big boy...in some ways. The bed only lasted two nights and now he is sleeping with us but...the past two days he has wanted to use the toilet to go poop! Wow...YEAH Go ISAIAH! He still wants his diaper and we have talked about underwear but he tells me he will wear them in a little bit. He is funny. So my question to you is...do you push the toilet training or just go with what he wants?? Right now I feel to go with what he wants but I have never potty trained before. Any advice??

Hope has been fighting her second nap so we just started pushing off her nap until later so she will only take one. We will see how it goes. Of course when I went to put Isaiah down for his nap, she was just getting up. Will they ever nap at the same time?? Ha ha! Probably not!

We had some guests here (well 14 to be exact) a couple days last week. It was great. I was still running around trying to get stuff done on our house while they were here. It was nice to have lots of kids entertain my kids. They had so much fun with them and we are all looking forward for them to come back on Sunday.

Anyway....Here are some long overdue pictures.

These two love to play together. Hope always wants to do what her big brother is doing.
Swimming in Rochester. They had a blast. Hope LOVED the pool. Now we just need to heat ours:)
Thanks Cindy...they love their new maracas!!Isaiah's has the moves!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job, Isaiah!! I used to make a big deal about my kids going potty!! I got excited and clapped my hands and they felt important. I say don't push it. Just keep asking him and also, take him shopping for big boy underwear that he can pick out. He will love the 'cars' to match his bed or John Deere! You are doing a good job, go with your instinct. Every child is different as you know. Please kiss them both for me!
Love

Anonymous said...

Well, I am not sure if this will help or confuse regarding the potty training. I either had very good luck or did something right. I have had friends with both boys or girls with awful stories when they let their child decide. May be an old wife's tale but if the child can walk down the stairs without stopping on each stair with both feet, the muscle that had develops is the same as the one for going potty. Isaiah is at a good age. By 2, definitely 2 1/2 he's probably ready. There is a small window where he will train more easily and it is probably right about now. I hate to say a lot of folks don't want to be bothered with the thick training underwear or messy accidents but within a week all of mine were trained. I waited the longest before trying with Ashley, probably because she was the first. It did not bother her or when the time came, Sean to be in a messy diaper. When they were old enough I just put the training pants on and never looked back. I think I waited a bit before doing the nighttime training. That is another story for poor Ashley. The friends I know that used the pullups had the worse luck because, again, I hate to say. it just is not uncomfortable enough for the child. It is just a more expensive diaper!
I think the child will follow your confidence. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

One more thing...I did not make a big
deal, as I'm sure you wouldn't, when he or she had an accident. It was not a big deal...clean up and move forward. The pediatrician, on line or baby books may be a good reference. I did stick around the house for as much as possible the week of training. It just made things so much easier.

Anonymous said...

I do remember something else...if after a week you feel like it just is not working at all then it is good to wait another month and try again. I just wouldn't make a big deal about ii and wouldn't have him be the one deciding. That's all!