Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A rough couple of days...

The past three days have been very stressful and I can tell...because today I started to feel like a panic attack was coming on!! And I haven't had one in a very long time! 

A few nights ago, I could not sleep.  I was up almost all night long.  My back was killing me.  Every time I would start to fall asleep...I was jerked awake by stabbing pains in my back.  The next day they felt better but at night it started to hurt again.  I researched on the Internet...and it could have been a lot of things...(note to everyone...don't search on the Internet...it can scare the poop out of you!). Anyway...Ashley came to watch the kids sleep while we went to the ER.  It ended up being muscle spasms....thank God....and I have to just take Tylenol and use a heating pad.  Two days later....still in a little pain but much better! 

Yesterday...Micah fell and hit his head pretty hard on the wood floor (not the first time it has happened).  He cried for about 5 minutes really hard.  I finally calmed him down and a few minutes later I went to change his diaper.  He laid there (which he never does) and then his eyes got really weird looking and started to flutter and close.  I freaked out and called 911 ...again! I didnt know if he had a concussion but...he ended up being OK but gosh so scary. 

Today...Dave fed Micah yogurt.  He tried it a few weeks ago...a bite or two.  So today he ate it and broke out in a rash and hives! Poor baby! We called the doctor and gave him some benedryl.  He was acting fine but the rash was so scary and reminded me of what we have gone through with Isaiah and his nut allergy.  I pray that he is not allergic to dairy!! What a hard one especially when all my other kids eat is dairy! We started NAET (allergic elimination technique) a few weeks ago with Micah like we did with the other kids. So glad we started since we will have a long journey ahead with him.  

Please keep us all in your prayers.  I know it may not sound like a lot and people have it a whole lot worse....but it stresses me out a lot!  I know these are definitely tests of faith and God will lead me through and make me a stronger person.

2 comments:

Aunt Kathy said...

Everything always hits at once. As soon as you started talking about your backache I thought of bladder infection but I am sure the internet can list all sorts of problems. Hope you are feeling better and good luck with the allergies. I have read that yoga can help with anxiety and panic attacks. I think its all the deep breathing--but you may want to check out. You are all in my prayers!!!

Aunt Kim said...

I am glad to hear that you are feeling better. Hopefully by the time you read this you will be feeling even better since I am so late in sending this message. Poor Micah! I hope he can get past the dairy allergy. You have a wonderful faith and that will make things so much easier. It is still hard as you go through it. "Walk by faith and not by sight." Love and miss you all!!!!!