Thursday, March 10, 2011

A Couple Quick Things...

1. Micah is walking all over the place. He started taking a few steps a week before he turned 1 (Superbowl Sunday). But two days ago he started walking more than crawling. I am actually very happy about this....I didn't think I would be but...its mostly a germ thing...I think crawling everywhere on the ground is so dirty and gross. So happy he is walking:) LOL!

2. We took Micah to the allergist today. We were going to have him blood tested but she talked us into skin testing since we would have the results today and if they weren't OK then we could blood test. Micah was a champ. Not even a cry, tear or anything. He was actually laughing. Turns out he is allergic to milk and eggs and slightly allergic to nuts (which we figured anyway). She said he would probably be fine with eggs in baked goods but not scrambles eggs. So, I was going to but Micah on organic toddler soy formula....not really many options....but she said that since he is allergic to milk if I put him on soy he could become allergic to that too?? Any thoughts?? The positive to this is that most kids outgrow milk and egg allergies between 3 and 5. So keep him in your prayers!

3. Lent....this year the kids are more involved in lent. Dave gave up sweets! (I couldn't do that...I need something to get me through the day since I cant tolerate caffeine). Instead I gave up facebook. I found myself always checking it and need a break from it. I also decided to give Dave more time at work so I am going to get up every morning at 7 instead of 7:30. The kids gave up a toy and they will get it back Easter Sunday! Isaiah is very excited about it. What are you doing for Lent?

4. Hope is really funny and using her cuteness to get what she wants. Today as we were running to put more change in the meter she kept telling me...."Stop running honey. Why are you running honey." LOL! So funny!

5. Please keep Isaiah in your prayers....he has had this dry cough for more than two weeks. He went to the doctor in the beginning of it and he thought it was allergies...but we are going to take him again tomorrow. It is so weird...he doesn't cough when he is playing or running around at all....more when he is laying down or sitting. I will keep you posted.

6. I saved the best for last (well the best for me that is)...Micah is sleeping through the night. Before Kerri and Joe got here we were desperate. Micah was waking 4 or 5 times a night and the only way to get him back to sleep was to nurse him. I was exhausted!!! So we decided to change the sleeping arrangements around. We put Micah in his own room and now we have a dorm with with the kids! LOL! There are three mattresses on the floor. Micah cried the first night for an hour when I put him in and than on and off for 1 1/2 hour during the night. Usually he sleeps all night but cries out here and there. I am so thankful for all the sleep we are all getting. We truely needed it! God is good:)

1 comment:

Aunt Kathy said...

http://www.babycenter.com/404_is-it-safe-to-give-my-toddler-rice-milk-if-she-wont-drink-co_1200464.bc
link above was kind of interesting dealing with toddlers and milk allergies. some rice milk has been fortified but anyway you may want to check out. now you will even be busier with Micah walking. your mom and me gave up soda for lent-hopefully it sticks for good.