Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Accepting Change

Change is one thing that is very hard for me to accept.

I went to the doctor yesterday for my 28 week check up. Everything is great with the baby! I just dreaded going because my doctor added a new doctor to his practice and I was not a big fan of her the first time I met her. She was not very personable...and she didnt laugh at any of D's jokes...haha! But I didnt get that warm and fuzzy feeling that I have with my doctor. And that was one of the reasons we did not move before the baby arrives.

That being said....I know this new doctor is now delivering 10% of the babies and my doc would not have added her to his practice if she was not good at what she does...so I went in with a whole new attitude yesterday. I did not want to go into labor dreading if she was going to deliver our baby. After waiting 45 minutes in the room though...I started to get a little impatient for two reasons...First because I never wait that long. And second, Isaiah was home sick and D left work early to watch him. I finally asked if she was coming in. Good thing I did...No one told her that I was there!!!! They are switching to an all computer system and did not have many patients yesterday.

When she came in she was so apologetic and extremely nice. She was more personable this time. Maybe she was having a stressful day the first time I met her. One thing is for sure, I am so glad that I was patient and more open minded going in. First impressions may not always be right. And now I am not so worried about when I go into labor. Either doctor will be great!

Anyways, my doctor does need a break. He hasn't taken a vaction in over 15 years because he is so devoted to his work and bringing little miracles into this world everyday! What an amazing blessing!

If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude.
Maya Angelou

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are a blogger! You are so right on attitude Mich! I will email you picks from Florida later tonight...or tomorrow :) It was great to see you guys! Love ya!