Thursday, January 11, 2007

Prayer Request

My husband just told me the most upsetting story.

A friend of a friend has 6 children. Last week the mom was giving three of the children a bath. She finished the bath, took them all out and got them all ready for bed. Then, she went back to empty the bathtub and found her 10 month old son inside. He must have climbed in while she was gone. The family just found out today that he is brain dead.

I could not even imagine what they are going through. All I can think about is Isaiah and all little children that I know and it could have been any one of them.

This family is a family of faith, but I am sure they need prayer for strength and guidance at this time. Please keep them in your prayers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will certainly pray for this family and their tragedy. I have been busy and I didn't realize that it had been a few days since I have been online. I took care of a few things and was going to take care of one last thing and thought to myself - I need a boost, I wonder if Michele has blogged. Although this most recent blogging is very sad, I was uplifted when reading your others. I am so glad you are okay from your fall. We have a wonderful Youth Mass that we have been going to for the past 4 or maybe 5 years. I know what you mean about missing it when you move away. Our band recently made a CD and we sent one to Ashley as she had many memories of the Youth Mass and Youth Group. Tell your mom I said "hi" and enjoy her. Love, Aunt K.

Carrie said...

How incredibly sad...the other day I was cleaning out the bathtub to give Ana a bath and she was holding onto the side watching me and a cup fell into the tub and she reached in after it and almost fell in! I was sitting right next to her so I grabbed her. After reading this I can see how easy it is for something like that to happen. We have to be so careful! I told the kids about it so they will make sure and be watchful. We will pray for the whole family, they must feel so much pain right now.