Thursday, July 5, 2007

Oh I forgot to mention

It took me 3 hours to unpack and clean this morning and i am still not done!!! Mostly just laundry left. Dave is such an amazing husband and father!! He knew it would drive me nuts to see all that stuff sit around all day so.since we were we up early (Isaiah and D at 4:30 and me and Hope at 6)...he let me do it this morning while he watched the kids and cleaned out the fridge.

Then he went to work and I had the kids by myself again. It has been awhile since I have had both on my own. So I tried to get back into my schedule with them. i put Isaiah down for a nap like I used to. I knew he would cry but Hope was crying downstairs. So I kept checking on him on the monitor while I was putting Hope to sleep and talking to my mom on the phone. Then all of the sudden....his cry got louder and when I went to check on him on the monitor....I couldn't find him. So I went up the stairs and there he was....standing at the top crying. I couldn't believe it!! The gate was open but he just stayed at the top. Thank God that he did not fall down them. I don't know how he climbed out so we will have to watch tonight when we put him in.

So that is our next challenge....will he sleep in a toddler bed??? I know that he will keep getting out. What are we going to do??? Any suggestions??

So needless to say....he did not take a nap then. He finally fell asleep on the couch at 2 on me and he is still sleeping right now. Poor little guy! I am sure he is jet lagged. Hopefully he will sleep good tonight! I will keep you posted!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

my wife had a mountain of stuff to do...and as i grew impatient with the kids she understood....and helped and finished with the added pressure of me bugging her...

it was a very long vacation...fun, but very long...it has been nice being by ourselves for a few days---that has been a while since that happened....

we are blessed.

Anonymous said...

You did great in updating your blog so soon after returning to California. It was great spending time with you all in Florida. Now you need a vacation from a vacation.