Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter from Our Family to Yours

We had a wonderful Easter day. It was a beautiful day here too.

We went down to Santa Monica to our church St. Monica's today for Easter mass. It was amazing. That is one thing we will truly miss when we move....The worship, the music, and the preaching....the whole package is so moving. We could only hope to find something like that where we are moving.

The kids were so great too! Isaiah and Hope love music and since we went to the gym for church (they are so big that they have 3 services going on at once) the music is always loud and captivates their attention. After communion we sat next to the band so Isaiah could watch all the instruments as they were being played...He loved it. He is so into music!

Mr. and Mrs. Socha met us as church along with Dave's cousins Sara and Luke. Then we went out to breakfast on Third Street. The kids were great again!

Of course after I went into Old Navy because they were having a big sale and that was the part where we started to have meltdowns. You can definitely tell when it is nap time and when the kids have had enough! It all worked out though...and lots of people saw me sprinting in a dress and high heels to catch Isaiah as he took off....man he is fast! (What a sight! I'm sure it was!)

Needless to say...he did not get his surprise and it caused a major meltdown...one lady let me cut her in line, while another said "I remember those days," and a third (male) asked if I wanted his surprise back. Absolutely not I told him....that behavior doesn't get rewarded in this house....I know I am the mean one :) Oh well...he will learn someday...right??

Here are some pictures of our day. I tried many, many times to get a good picture of the kids together...but this was all I got...

Me and Hope ready for church.
Isaiah loving the music.
Hope is loving it too. She was mesmerized by it. And of course with her Daddy....she LOVES him!
Here are the only two I got with the two of them!
Oh well....there is always next year!

Hope you all had a nice Easter with no meltdowns:)

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Hi Michele! At least you got some pictures..I couldn't even attempt it. We did have meltdowns too..I was joking with Doug that he was the only one in our family who didn't cry yesterday!

Anonymous said...

yes, meltdowns r us---but, my wife handles them...thank God---

and especially since the last 2 days i got her up early only to have my conference calls get moved....

love,d

Sumner Family Fun said...

Ah the kids look great! Meltdowns...what are those? lol! :) Can't wait to see you guys this weekend! All the kids can have meltdowns together! :) Love ya! :)