Sunday, August 17, 2008

A Long Overdue Post

What's been going on here?? A lot...and that's why I haven't been writing as much. It seems like we are always doing something or going somewhere.


First, we went to Kingdom Bound. It is a Christian event at Darien Lake where speakers and singers all come together for a 3 day event. We went one day with Isaiah because 3 days would be way too much! We had a lot of fun. We were a little bummed because a lot of the events we went for kept getting changed or cancelled but Isaiah had a great time at the amusement park with Aaron, Elijah, Bella, and Miranda (or as he calls them....Josh's kids). It ended up being really hot so Dave took Isaiah in the water park...he could have stayed there all day! Here are some pictures from our day.




Then we ended up going to Thousand Islands for a couple of days. I had gone there once or twice as a kid but Dave had never been and really always wanted to go. My family rented a cabin there but we decided to stay in a hotel with my parents. It was beautiful, right on the water and a perfect view of Boldt Castle. I remember going to that castle 18 years ago and loved going back to see what they have done to it. It is going to take them a long time to finish. Anyway, we had a great time. Dave, my dad, and Baudelio went on a fishing trip for 6 hours and caught over 10 lbs of fish. They filleted it and we ate it that night. It was delicious!! And no fishy smell because it was sooo fresh! Isaiah and Hope had a great time playing with all their cousins!

Hopey was miserable on this day. As you can see, she would not wear shoes and that toothbrush was a lifesaver! It made her happy. I don't know why she was so miserable...but she is teething:)
On the boat ride to Heart Island to see Boldt Castle.

From the top of the Castle with my cousin John, his girlfriend Kristin, and Baudelio.


Isaiah would not get in the picture.

Playing with cousins at the castle.

Hopey playing with her cousin Madeline.


My girlfriends who I used to teach with here finally came over. The kids had a blast playing together! Isaiah kept asking about them all day. He walked them out to the car and kissed and hugged everyone goodbye. It was so cute! He was a great host!

Sophia, Anthony, and Helana.


Anthony, Isaiah, Olivia, and Hope.


Finally, last night was Kristine's bachlorette party. I know it was early to have it, but she wanted it when it was nice weather here and you never know when fall will begin:) We started at my mom's house and had some food and drinks. Then we went to sing karaoke. That was so much fun. I would have posted videos but one of my sisters used my camera and wanted to take some pictures and deleted them (yes i am very upset because they were great videos that I can never get back...but I should have expected it from her.) Then we went to Club W (a bar my cousins own). I didn't get home until late (not my idea) and am very tired today. But we had a great time. Good thing I have a great husband who watched the kids and let me take a nap today.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you have been very busy and I enjoyed seeing and hearing about it!

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures. I have been to Thousand Islands but never got to see the castle--hopefully someday.