Sunday, March 22, 2009

Disney on Ice Part 2

After we saw the first Disney on Ice and the kids loved it...we decided to take them to Disney on Ice Worlds of Fantasy. This is the one with the movie Cars in it. It looked really cool online because actual cars drive out on the ice.

We left at 9am for the 11:30am show in Toronto. We were doing great until we had to park. It was a nightmare. Then the elevator we took had no directions on which floor to get off. When we finally all figured it out, we ran to the show. We were 10 minutes late and of course Cars was already on. We saw about 10 minutes of them and then the rest of the show. Isaiah was waiting the entire time for the cars to come back out. I figured they would at the end of the show because the last show we saw all of the characters came out at the end. Unfortunately...they did not come back out. Isaiah was heart broken and so was I. He was crying so hard and I felt so bad for him that I almost was in tears with him. As we looked around there were a lot of kids crying. I don't know if it was for the same reason but it may have been. I told Isaiah he could watch the movie on the way home (thank God I had it) and then he stopped crying and was a little happier.

My mom was with us and she said the same thing happened when we were little. At that time, we wanted the Smurfs to come back on and they didn't. She had two crying kids. You would think Disney would know by how to make kids happy.

It was a long day of driving and in the car. I thought the way home would be peaceful with some sleeping kids, but Hope decided not to nap. She was very funny though. The entire ride home (which was about 2 and 1/2 hours), she blabbed on and on, she put her socks on her hands and was playing, she copied every word and would repeat them like a broken record, she peed through 3 outfits and a car seat, all while Isaiah slept.

Let's say that it was a long day and one I will remember for awhile:)

No comments: