Sunday, July 18, 2010

Swim Lessons

We started swim lessons last week with the kids.  It is two weeks long. 

Isaiah LOVES it. He is doing great! At first I thought they were just going to play like at the YMCA, but they are really teaching him.  Now at home he is really determined to swim on his own.  He swims in the hot tub back and forth and from the hot to the side of the pool.  He is really getting good and is so strong.  We did have one incident where he slipped off the step and I had to jump in clothes, cell phone and all....but he got right back in.  He still does not like to go under water though. 

Hope...well let's just say she is not going any more.  She lasted two days (really not even one.) She went with them and was doing great and then she just started to cry.  They really tried everything to get her to do it.  But after the second day when she just cried the whole time, I gave up.  Every time we get ready to go she cries and says she doesn't want to.  I tell her she is not swimming because they don't like criers (tried the reverse psychology thing) but it doesn't bother her at all.  I was shocked because she LOVES the pool and is so daring and tries everything! Oh well, in our pool now she is in just arm floaties and jumps in and goes under water.  She is doing amazing!!! I guess she just wants me to be close and nobody she doesn't know to be around.  

I am so proud of them! They are getting so big!!

No comments: