Monday, February 12, 2007

Books

Well since my New Year's resolution was to read everyday...so far I think I have only missed one day! I have read 3 books already and I am also reading a daily devotional book for moms.

The books have been great...one about marriage, one about raising children, and one about sharing the faith with your children. They have been very insightful and have given me different ways to view a situation or how to handle things in a way I would not have thought of before.

I have one book left here to read and I was starting to look for some new books. With so many out there I just don't know which ones to chose so....I was wondering if any of you had any suggestions? (Dani...you always give me good books...anything else new you have read that you like??)

How is everyone else doing on their resolutions?? (Seeing as how nobody shared what they were!! Haha!!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Michele..so proud that we have another strong reader in our family...and one that is broadening her horizons and reading on various subjects. I have read many books on such subjects and also on self improvement. However, having four children and one true income has led me to rely on the library. We are fortunate to be close to many local branches of the library. So, I do not have the titles to pass on...sorry. But, in addition to the reading, I began listening to a Christian radio station with many wonderful broadcasts. I had been listening to a different Christian station which has more music when I came across this other station which has more programs. I tried to find the station in your area but didn't have any luck. The programs are also audio archived and that you would be able to connect to. You can even have it for an ipod or MP3 player. The two shows are: Family Life (it's about 20-22 minutes with no interruptions) www.FamilyLife.com and The Midday Connection (it is an hour show) at www.MiddayConnection.org. You can see the whole month's schedule on this one and mark down which ones you'd want to listen to. I hope this is helpful...wish I had known about them years ago. Great topics...great biblical applications. Let me know how it goes.

Anonymous said...

Spencer came in the office Wednesday evening and read about your reading. He is always one to have a funny remark. He said to me, "Soon she'll know more than you with all that reading." Chris and I love reading and we have been blessed to have all 4 of our kids have a love for reading. Sometimes it has even gotten them in trouble because they won't stop reading and do whatever it is that they are supposed to be doing...I'll let you get back to your book now...