Thursday, February 15, 2007

My New Job

Well due to the weather in the Northeast I have had a new job as a travel agent the past few days. I have been searching flights, cancelling flights, rescheduling flights, and trying to locate luggage. But it will all come to an end soon. D should be landing in about a half and hour...yeah!

We still have not located his luggage from the flight he was supposed to be on but....we are so glad that he was not on that flight. That flight was the jetblue flight that was supposed to take off at 9:00am. After passengers waited all day, they finally boarded the flight only to sit on the runway for I think 9 hours. They were on the runway so long that the plane actually froze to the runway. They also ran out of water and food. I couldn't imagine being on that flight...especially with kids!

I am sure he will be so happy just to be home. And I am sure there are so many people still stuck in NYC. Good thing we cancelled his flight and booked a new one. We almost didn't get one because everything I clicked on ended up full.

What a crazy storm. But I am used to it since I lived in Buffalo my whole life. I will have to say that I have not been stuck in an airport due to weather...and I hope I never will.

I also rescheduled my mom's flight home...I am sure my dad and sister's miss her and can't wait for her to come home. But she has been such a huge help here. I can't wait for her to come back in a few weeks when the baby is born!

I will be happy when my new job comes to an end but of course would do it all over again for D anyday!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad D is home! You must be so excited!:) I heard about that jet blue flight...I think people are going to take legal action (of course...)

I am still thinking of another book for you...I will let you know :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, I have been off schedule this week and did not realize the impact of the storms. That's crazy. Glad hubby made it home. Bet he's glad to be home!

Carrie said...

I haven't been on your blog for awhile so I had a lot of catching up to do...

I am so excited about the baby coming...it will be here so soon. Try and take it easy, it sounds like you are ready and all the preparations have been made so relax and enjoy the last weeks of being pregnant.

Isaiah is such a cutie!! He is always my Valentine too!

I am happy Dave made it back although late...traveling can be so frustrating thank goodness you and Isaiah were not with him that would've been worse!!

Miss you guys, talk to you soon!

Anonymous said...

she had a lot of work to do..considering a lot of people got stuck--and i didn't i would say she is a 1st class travel agent...she is soo good under pressure.
love