Monday, February 5, 2007

We did it!

First of all I would like to thank you for all of your prayers, support, and advise in regards to Isaiah sleeping. After reading all of your comments and talking to many family members and friends, I felt like it was time to put Isaiah in his crib. So we started on Friday night since Dave was here and I needed his support too! So we kept his normal bedtime routine...bath, read books while getting dressed, rock while he is having his bottle and listening to his cd.....then I put him in his crib and left the music on. So here is what happened the past three nights...

Night One
* Put him in his crib and he cried for 10 minutes....(a pretty bad screaming cry on and off for 10 minutes) and then he fell asleep.
* Then he woke up at 11 for a minute.
* Then he woke up at 12 and cried for about 10 minutes.
* Then he woke up at 2 for a minute.
* Then he woke up at 3:15 and cried for about 10 minutes.
* Then he woke up at 4:50...and since I was so used to giving him water or milk I went in and fed him some milk and left....he was not happy and then cried off and on until 5:40 when we decided to just get him up for the day.

Night Two
* Put him in his crib and he whined for about 10 minutes...and then fell asleep after about 20 minutes.
* Then he woke up at 10:15-11:15 and whined off and on every couple of minutes.
* Then he woke up from 1:15-2:15 and whined off and on again every couple of minutes.
* Then he woke up at 6:30!

Night Three
* I Put him in his crib and he didn't cry...he tossed and turned for about 15-20 minutes.
* He whined for a minute at 11:00 and 2:00.
* He woke up about 6:00!

Wow!! Please keep the prayers coming that he will continue this way!! Plus he wakes up so happy and silly in the morning. He is too cute! I guess he was just ready for this....I am not sure I was since he is such a cuddler at night...haha!

I would have to say that the things that helped me through this time was my sister-in-law Carrie saying that the things you HAVE to do in life are usually hard to do...and my friend Jill telling me that he will not remember this. Those two things I had to repeat to myself as he was crying. And I had Dave right next to me supporting me.

I guess Dave and I were keeping him up at night...everytime we would move in the bed it would wake him up. Poor little guy!

I havent slept great the past few nights since I am so nervous but I am sure I will get over that very soon! At least Isaiah is getting sleep and will be when the new baby arrives. Yeah!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!!!
You are much stronger than you give yourself credit for! I am so happy for your family-your nightly routine is just in time for baby Socha (: My thoughts are with you each night in hopes that it gets better and better! Go Isaiah!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

well-to all who read this--please keep praying! my wife has been a trooper---it is so different without the little "cuddler" in our bed....

you the best!
love,
d

Carrie said...

Yea! I wanted to call you yesterday to find out how it went but never got a chance. How happy I was to read this today! I am so proud of you guys, what a victory! It was the right time for all of you and now you can enjoy some much needed rest! Just remember one thing.... be flexible. You may still get a rough night here and there for no apparent reason so just roll with it. Everyday truly is a new day!

Anonymous said...

We're so proud of you all! We knew that you could do it and some decisions will be hard to make. It was really a decision in the interest of the whole family. You may get a rough night here and there but consistency will be your ally. Give Isaiah a big hug for us!! The power of prayer...we'll keep praying. At this very special time your rest is so important, Michele. Glad to hear he was so happy after the good night's rest. That's how my boys were. ENJOY!