Monday, September 10, 2007

Sleep Training

Yes sleep training...this is what we will be doing tonight and for the next couple nights until our little kiddos realize that 3 and 4 in the morning is not morning.

Since we came back from our trip, Isaiah and Hope have completely regressed and are now horrible sleepers...again. We have been up so much the past few nights....nobody knows a good nights rest is!

So tonight...they may have to cry a little (although we do not like when they cry)! Hope keeps waking up and I have to put her paci in a million times (well at least it feels that way!) They must just sense when you get back into bed and you close your eyes...and they spit out the paci again and again and again!!!

And Isaiah....well he just thinks that 4 in the morning is morning....and it just is not! I have gone in there several times and he wants out of his crib. I keep telling him that everyone is sleeping and it is dark out and to go back to sleep. He cries for a couple minutes and at least he will lay there for a little while before complaining again. So maybe I just shouldn't go in there at all....I guess we will see what works.

The best part of this is that Dave is so supportive and helpful. He is the one who thinks that getting up to put back in her paci is crazy and needs to stop...So he is going to help. He is so great that way...and he always lets me sleep in the morning after the kids wake up until 7 or 7:30! He is so good to me.

Well....any suggestions would be appreciated again. We just are exhausted!

1 comment:

Kate said...

It sounds like they're still on East Coast time! I don't know if I have any advice, but you have my sympathies, thoughts and prayers! Give those little cuties a kiss from us!