Friday, August 21, 2009

Potty Training

When I posted the other night, I knew there was something else I wanted to share with you, but could not remember it for the life of me. It must be the pregnancy stealing all my brain cells away:)

We started training Hope Monday August 10th after all our company left. She has been ready to potty train but we have had so many things going on that the time was not right. She always told me when she went to the bathroom and to change her.

So we started almost 2 weeks ago...and I really dreaded it. I think because Isaiah seemed to have accidents all the time (still occasionally does when he does want to stop playing). But I finally started and my Mom helped out. I just needed 2 people to be there so that one could pay complete attention to her.

Needless to say...she is doing GREAT! She had very few accidents and the ones she did have were when no one was around for her to tell them she had to go. She does great on the car rides and can even sometimes hold it. (I take her potty seat with us in the car because girls are not easy to go to the bathroom outside.) I can't believe how easy she was (sorry Dani..not rubbing it in...Isaiah was really tough). I am very thankful that she was easy because I almost dreading having to potty train another one.

Great job Hopey!! We are so proud of you. (We say this every time she goes...and now she tell us she is so proud of us. She does it with this really sweet little voice and uses her arms and hands when she talks. She is so cute!)

4 comments:

Aunt Kim said...

Wow that is great about Hope and at least it evens it out between the potty training for Isaiah and her. I know what you mean about the boys being too busy playing to pay attention to when they have to go. I can't wait to see you all again! Congratulations to Hope, you and your mom and keep up the good work! Love you all.

Love, Tita said...

Good job, Michele! I can just picture her now! She is so sweet! Now you can have a breather for a few months!

Sumner Family Fun said...

That is so awesome Mich! I know you aren't rubbing it in silly! And Maki is doing GREAT! No accidents! She still won't go in the toilet but wears big girl undies and she tells us when she needs a diaper...It is actually really convenient! ;)
Go Hopey!!! We are so proud of you!

Michele said...

Thank you everyone. So nice to be diaper free...even if it is only for a few months:)