Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Praise God

I did not have a chance to write about our incident over the weekend. But God has answered our prayers!

On Friday night, we were sitting in the living room while the kids were sleeping. We were both checking emails and about to go watch a movie. All of the sudden I caught something out of the corner of my eye. And I said to D "there is something in the house." I went to put the computer down and it flew right at me. It was a bat!! (Dave thought I meant a person so he wasn't as scared)I was screaming and running. Dave yelled at me to stop, but sorry that thing freaked me out.

We ran upstairs and shut all the doors so it was trapped downstairs. Dave called our neighbors to come over and catch it and I locked myself in the room with Isaiah and started crying. Now you all may be wondering why I was so freaked out. Well, a few months ago Dave's friend told us about how he had a bat in his house. He called someone to get it out, but they told him he had to catch it to make sure it didn't have any diseases or rabies. I guess if you are sleeping, you would not know if you got bit by a bat. So his friend caught it and sure enough it had rabies. They all had to go for a series of 5 shots over 6 weeks. Now you can imagine why I was so freaked out. I was worried about my kids and I didn't even know if I could get the shots because of being pregnant.

So, the neighbors came over (Joe and his two boys that are 10 and 11). Dave had 2 tennis rackets and Joe had a lacrosse stick. I kept calling Dave for updates. And at one point they lost it. Then I heard all this running and jumping downstairs. Joe caught it with his lacrosse stick and threw it to the ground. YEAH! Dave put it in a Tupperware container and put it in our back hall. The funny (i guess funny) thing about it was I saw some bats the night before flying outside (the neighbors told me they were bats) and I said...as long as they don't come in my house they are OK! HA!

Dave called the Dept. of Health to pick it up and they didn't come until Monday!! It was a lot of waiting and praying. But it paid off. We got the call today that everything is fine!

I wanted to share this with all of you because my gut instinct would have been to get it to fly out the door. So...if you ever have a bat, now you know what to do. HA HA!. Although, I will just pray you don't ever get one in your house:)

4 comments:

Sumner Family Fun said...

We are so thankful you didn't have to get shots! That really is such a praise! :)

Aunt Kathy said...

Wow--how scary---we have bats as well but not in house but I am glad you shared that information as I would have just tried to get it out of the house. Now I know better.

Love, Tita said...

Thank God you shared this info on your blog because the natural thing to do is, yes, shoo it out the door! God listens! So many prayers wer being said for this situation! I didn't realize you wouldn't know if you got bit or not!

Aunt Kim said...

Wow that was crazy. I'm glad it all worked out. I hate to think of what could have happened or how dreadful it could have been with the whole shot thing. I hope you have had a chance to watch the movie!