Friday, October 22, 2010

Nights 2 and 3

Night 2
Micah's naps were a little messed up today. So when I went to put him to bed, he was so exhausted that he fell asleep while nursing at 7:15. He woke up at 8:45pm crying but went back to sleep after only 8 minutes. Then he did wake a lot during the night. He woke at 10pm and 12 am. Then he cried off and on from 1-2 again, but he did finally go back to sleep. Then he woke again at 3 and 4. I almost fed him at 4 but Dave said to wait a few minutes. Well...I guess we must have feel back asleep because when he cried again it was 5:55 am!! Woo hoo!! It is still a long night and lots of wakings but I hope each night gets better and better! It already is nice not to get out of bed all night long and the best part is that I am not nursing all night long!!

Night 3
I put Micah to bed at 8:24pm and he cried for about 1 minute and was asleep by 8:30pm!! I cant believe it! I used to walk and walk and walk...and sing and sing and sing! And then when I would put him down he would wake a a little while later only to start all over again!
He woke a bunch of times again....10:30pm, 11:30pm, 2:30am, 4:30am, 5:30am (I did feed him then and he went back to sleep until 7:30 am!!) I am so impressed by that little man. We all really need some sleep. I hope the wakings do get less and less (as I am seeing already). I still do hate to see him cry but know that he needs to soothe himself and sleep!

Right now as I type this I put him in his crib for his nap. Not sure if he will go to sleep on his own yet for nap time, but worth a try. He was pushing off when I went to put him in so I thought it was worth a try.

Hope this doesn't bore you...just want to remember this when he gets older! :)

No comments: